Wednesday, November 16, 2016

ONE DILEMMA AFTER..... NOW WHAT IS THAT WORD I WANT?




Yesterday my wife and I went to Barns and Noble Book Store in Augusta.  One of the books I saw was full of sarcastic quips and snide combacks (I don't remember the name of the book.)  My wife told me it was no use buying the book because when the situation occurred I wouldn't remember any of them anyway.  And she was right.

I look at all the memes that everyone puts on line and think how I would like to remember this one or that one for a quick comeback when talking to Republicans - but as soon as I turn the computer off they are gone.  

I bemoan my lack of recall;  but my wife says it is nothing new - I have always been this way.  

So I have been thinking that I would like to go back and do some mind puzzles to try and improve my memory - but I can't remember what I did with the book. 

I think my hard drive is full
But what the hell: I'm old.  
That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. 
the Ol'Buzzard

4 comments:

  1. I like to think the same way - that our brain only has so much storage capacity and by the time we reach a certain age we have filled it and now we pick and choose (or our brain does) what we keep and what we forget. (It makes me feel better anyway). -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a meme for this description...I just can't remember what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a good memory, but it's short!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forgot to comment and tell you how glad I am your sweet wife is doing better! My best to you and to her!

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT: Ben Franklin said, "I imagine a man must have a good deal of vanity who believes, and a good deal of boldness who affirms, that all doctrines he holds are true, and all he rejects are false."