Saturday, November 5, 2016

AN ALTERNATIVE TO ELECTION MADNESS



Tune out.    Avoid the news.   Go and vote on Tuesday; but wait until Wednesday to tune in and freak out.   If Trump wins we will have an egotistic child at the reins of government and if Hillary wins the GOP claims they will start impeachment proceedings the day she is inaugurated.  

All you will hear on the news between now and Wednesday is opinions and conjecture – it will destroy four days of your life with tension and anxiety.   You will never get those days back.  

If you have ever been interested in meditation this is the time to start.  I recommend the book Buddhism Plain and Simple by Steve Hagen.

Some alternative suggestions:
·       Watch old movies
·       Read a book


·       Break out some board games (how long has it been?)
·       Take long walks
·       Smoke some grass
·       Start a new hobby
·       Work out at the gym
·       Write your memoirs  
·       Take a course at Kahn Academy – it is online and free.
·       Move to Canada

Or just turn the fucking TV off and watch Netflix.

The Ol’Buzzard

8 comments:

  1. I'm with you on this idea. The stress of the election is too much. I want to just vote and relax. I suggested setting up a meditation cubicle at work. A few loved it and the others just rolled their eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. David and I have unplugged for the next 5 days and nights. No TV except for the shows that we watch and sports. Absolutely NO POLITICS even though I thrive on that crap. I had to laugh about the idea of moving to Canada, but David said that if we were to do that, it would be to the upper eastern area. Maybe Newfoundland or St. Johns.
    I agree with Kahn Academy. I have taken many classes with them. You can opt for the non-pay without a certificate or you can work through a degree. I like that idea. I have taken classes in psychology, medical, mathematics, computer sciences, histories, etc, and enjoyed each one. It's a great way to keep the mind active.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Newfoundland. I spent two years there bye.
      the Ol'Buzzard

      Delete
  3. This is excellent advice. I intend to follow it. Although, the honest me knows I won't follow it. I'm pretty sure I could make it until Tuesday...but when the polls close on the East Coast...that will be my undoing. So, I might as well face it and go the full Montie. Thanks for the thought, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am engaged in a handful of your recommended diversions including reading some Buddhist thought. Really wish I had some weed, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. if Trump wins I'm going to start drinking again..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Trump isn't the problem. Pense is the problem. Trump is the Trojan horse, the magicians sleight of hand to get Pense into a position of power. Like W and Cheney. If elected Trump will sit down,shut up and do what he is told or he will be looked after. Pense is far more dangerous than Ted Cruz.
    I see articles talking about how the GOP must change if it loses this election. Forget it. They will double down because that is what they are.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT: Ben Franklin said, "I imagine a man must have a good deal of vanity who believes, and a good deal of boldness who affirms, that all doctrines he holds are true, and all he rejects are false."