Saturday, October 16, 2021

ALONE

 


I get up early with the cats while it is still dark outside.   It is quite before the world awakes.   I love this time of morning, and especially today with rain drumming on our metal roof.   After the cats are fed, they go back into the bedroom, onto the bed with my sleeping wife.  I am left alone, with the dark, and the rain, and I like it. 

 

Some of our most precious time is our mind time.   When we are alone with our selves and out thoughts.   





 

the Ol’Buzzard


3 comments:

  1. YES! I do this as well but in reverse. After my husband goes to bed and my cat and I sit and enjoy the dark in front of the large fish tank I have as I sip a bit of wine. I do my best thinking then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The church bell tolls the knell of parting day
    The lowing herd winds slowly o'er the lea
    The plowman homeward plods his weary way
    And leaves the world to darkness and to me

    ReplyDelete
  3. normally I love the silence...but the silence after the gg's leave is so depressing.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT: Ben Franklin said, "I imagine a man must have a good deal of vanity who believes, and a good deal of boldness who affirms, that all doctrines he holds are true, and all he rejects are false."