Monday, October 4, 2021

MORE COMPLAINTS ABOUT CHANGES

 




 

I have complained about companies cutting cost by reducing the amount of product in their packaging.

But since I have gotten older, there are other things that devious society have slipped into my daily existence. 

·       Somehow, they have made stairs higher without my knowing it.  I use to be able to take them two-at-a-time, now I have to hold on the handrail, and am out of breath at the top.

·       Shoes are smaller, I am a size twelve, but have to buy a size fifteen.

·       When did they let teenagers become nurses and doctors?

·       There is something wrong with my household mirrors.  They display how I might look when I am ancient…   I think it is probably some advertising trick of insurance companies.

·       It is one thing for corporations to cut the size of food products, but now Wrangle is skimping on the length of material in the waist of their jeans.  I know I am a size 34, but I have to by a size 38 stretch; and I have to open the top button when I sit down to eat.

·       On most TV shows the actors whisper, and I have to turn the volume up to 90 to hear what they are saying.

·       Yesterday some woman opened a door for me and called me sir – what the fuck!

Things just aren’t the way they use to be; and I know it’s a conspiracy





 the Ol'Buzzard


4 comments:

  1. Yeah, and have you noticed that they are using smaller and smaller print in books? I guess it's to fit more words on a page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Years ago some young kid gas pump jockey called me Sir. I was totally deflated. The rest of your list looks too familiar

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post. This is going on the refrigerator. "I thought growing old would take longer."

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT: Ben Franklin said, "I imagine a man must have a good deal of vanity who believes, and a good deal of boldness who affirms, that all doctrines he holds are true, and all he rejects are false."