Saturday, January 26, 2019

THE ICE ROAD FUCKER




stolen from Yellowdog Granny


I have found it hard to find computer time lately because of the weather.   I am a winter person and I like the hardships that a northern winter can pose, because it reminds me that I could be a shit speck in a compost pile as far as nature is concerned. 


Winter is the time we enjoy kicking back, heating with the wood stove, reading, computing and occasionally making love – if I get lucky.


But:
We had fourteen-inch snow storm that turned to sleet and rain at the end, followed a few days later by a twenty-hour rain storm with a high of fifty degrees, followed by temps dropping into the twenties during the day and single numbers at night.  This has left us with a single lane ice road leading to our house, bordered by three feet high Ice walls.   This is not the normal western Maine weather pattern for this time of year.


I am hoping for a TV series: The Ice Road Fucker.


Between moving snow, hauling buckets of sand, and supplying our wood stove, and our normal activities, I have been busy. 



So, trying to get back to a Zen frame of mind I will post another Zen post.



the Ol’Buzzard





2 comments:

  1. "The Ice Road Fucker," LOL! There is NOTHING worse than ice in the winter. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT: Ben Franklin said, "I imagine a man must have a good deal of vanity who believes, and a good deal of boldness who affirms, that all doctrines he holds are true, and all he rejects are false."