Saturday, January 12, 2019

BATHROOM EMBARRASSMENT












Whenever we are out and I have to use a public bathroom I always notice that many men, especially young men, go into the toilet stalls to pee when there are urinals available.    This kind of pisses me off because if I have to take a dump it is likely I will find pee on the seat.

I don’t know if bathroom modesty is a societal thing or something imparted during childhood by mothers.

I have no shame, probably because of my Navy training back in the 1950’s.

The Navy head (bathroom) at boot camp was a room about thirty feet long with toilets side by side along one wall – at least a dozen toilets.  It wasn’t unusual, first thing in the morning, to take a crap with someone sitting next to you.  There was the advantage that if you needed a light for your cigarette you could probably bum one from someone down the line.      In the middle of the room was a circular fountain, probably six feet in diameter, with a circular peddle at the base for flushing, where men stood around to take a piss. 

There was no such thing as privacy in the bathroom: the shower was a big open room with shower heads.  Since that time, I have never been affected by bathroom embarrassment.

I may be wrong, but I don’t think women are as modest in a public bathroom as men are.


the Ol’Buzzard   

3 comments:

  1. We ladies are somewhat more modest than most. We are more self conscious of our bodies and the way we look naked than men, especially if we aren't fit and trim.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't think women are as modest as men in a public washroom? Where the hell did you get that idea? Women are extremely modest in public washrooms. Everything is done behind the closed and locked door of the washroom stall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got me there. I have no idea what goes on in women's bathrooms. I just had a feeling that women weren't as hung up as men are in general so probably were more communal in the bathrooms. Men never talk to each other or acknowledge each other in public rest rooms, we use it and get the hell out.
      the Ol'Buzzard

      Delete

COMMENT: Ben Franklin said, "I imagine a man must have a good deal of vanity who believes, and a good deal of boldness who affirms, that all doctrines he holds are true, and all he rejects are false."