Saturday, January 1, 2022

NEW YEAR 2022: IT IS ALL RELATIVE

 




On December 25 the wife and I ordered a pizza and watched football on TV.

The James Webb Telescope was launched.  It will be able to look back in time 300 million years after the Big Bang when the first stars were forming, and make remarkable discoveries in our own solar system.


On the 28 of December, we had some snow and I had to break out the snowblower and clear my parking place.

The James Webb Telescope deployed its sun shield.


On New Year’s Eve my wife and I had Hopping John for supper and today, New Years, we plan to kick back and relax – have a Cat Day reading, sleeping and eating.

At 8:40 EST, The James Webb Telescope is 470,807 miles from earth traveling at 1,485 miles per hour.


My wife and I will try to stay isolated for the foreseeable future, only going out to shop when necessary, in an attempt to avoid the corona virus.


The James Webb Telescope will eventually reach a point in space where the gravity of earth will cancel out the gravity of the sun.  At this zero-gravity point it will enter a sun/earth orbit, and remain there stationary for eons to come. 


 Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow, 

Creeps in this petty pace from day to day, 

To the last syllables of recorded time;

And all our yesterdays have lighted fools

The way to dusty death.  Out, out, brief candle!

Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player,

That struts and frets his hour upon the stage.

And then is heard no more.  It is a tale

Told by and idiot, full of sound and fury,

Signifying nothing.

        Shakespeare - Macbeth



Fuck it.   Wine makes everything better


the Ol'Buzzard




4 comments:

  1. I like your final image with the gnomes! It has also been a while since I've encountered that Macbeth quote. Bit of a downer, wasn't he or maybe a realist? Have a lovely relaxing reading /cat day. -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Happy New Year gnomes image!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is my favorite Shakespeare quote.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like a great way to celebrate the new year. I love the gnomes

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT: Ben Franklin said, "I imagine a man must have a good deal of vanity who believes, and a good deal of boldness who affirms, that all doctrines he holds are true, and all he rejects are false."