Wednesday, August 26, 2015

BACK TO ZEN






BACK TO ZEN
TRY AGAIN
LIVE IN MINDFULNESS

How many times I have come back
The crazy world
Distracting
Unsettling
I find myself wandering in a forest of anxiety
Dashing about in frustration
Seeing no way out
Never noticing the path I am standing on
And the beauty of the trees around me.  

This morning I got up, did some stretches, weights, and then meditated for five minutes.
  
I have fallen away from the beauty and contentment of the path less traveled, and become lost among the masses that trod the well-worn road that inevitably leads to anxiety and discontent ((Duhkha.)

I am over the hump of my seventies and seem to be aimless.   I am reacting instead of acting; I am focusing on things I have no ability to change; the stream of the world is flowing by around my ankles and I am stomping at the waves; I have lost my mindfulness – and it is time to return…  to Zen.

It is not a distant journey; it is only one step.
As I move back to mindfulness, I will post the journey.  

Zen reminds us that if we don’t see the beauty and mystery of our present life – our present moment; it is unlikely we will live in the beauty of any moment of life.





NOW is holy

the Ol’Buzzard

4 comments:

  1. I'd love to be able to meditate...try meditating with a cat who has boundary issues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that "10 to Zen" image. Good advice for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you mean Dukkha. Anywho, I wish everyone would adopt the practice of Zen meditation. The world as it is would be changed for the better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually I have found it spelled three ways: Dukkha, Dhukka - in The Essence of Zen and Duhkha in Buddhism Plain and simple. There are perhaps even others due to the different Buddhist sects.
      O'B

      Delete

COMMENT: Ben Franklin said, "I imagine a man must have a good deal of vanity who believes, and a good deal of boldness who affirms, that all doctrines he holds are true, and all he rejects are false."