Sunday, April 5, 2020

PURELL PLACEBO




Coronavirus: Purell makers have 'dramatically increased production'







As soon as Covat-19 began to infect the U.S. population there was a run on Purell as well as toilet paper.


Actually, Purell is not the magic bullet for prevention of viral infections.   Washing your hands is more effective.


Purell is great as an anti-bacterial, but has no effect on viruses.


The reason is, that Viruses are not technically alive – so you can’t kill them.
  

A virus has either DNA or RNA, but not both.   Viruses don’t metabolize, respond to environmental changes, grow or excrete.  They can not reproduce on their own, but must inject their genetic material into a living host – the infected host cell then makes copies of itself.  Therefore, viruses technically cannot be classified as a living organism.





So, forget Purell and anti-bacterial soaps.   Wash you hands to rinse away any particles carrying the virus before it can enter your body through your mouth, your eyes, your ass, your urethra or cuts or abrasions. 
 

THE BEST YOU CAN DO TO PROTECT YOURSELF FROM THE CORONA VIRUS; IS STAY AWAY FROM PEOPLE AND WASH YOUR FUCKING HANDS.  

I am not a doctor and I don’t play one on TV; but I do remember some of my Biology 101. 


the Ol’Buzzard

7 comments:

  1. Telling folks that information has been totally nonproductive in my general area so I just shut up and kept farther away from the fools. I hope having it from the you will be more successful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's handy when you're out and about on the go, and don't have access to hand washing facilities right away. Having said that, I don't have any Purell. It's impossible to find in the stores.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The amount of misinformation out there far outweighs the good info. In keeping with Humanity's tendency to love the lie, many of us seem intent on believing the worst lies of them all. That is, the lies that come out of Trump and his band of clueless clowns.

    ReplyDelete
  4. THANK YOU! At least someone is listening and knows this shit other than myself. It feels so good not to be the only smart person in the world.
    Regular soap breaks down the capsid of the virus which is made basically of a fatty protein. Once the capsid breaks down the RNA breaks down too. Regular soap washing is really the only way to fight COVID-19. Listen to the doctors. Wash your hands. Don't listen to the politicians.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wash your hands like you've been working on the combine and your mother will kill you if you get grease on the towel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. While I do wash my hands a lot, I was considering taking the pipe back up to help me improve social distancing. :)

    Just kidding.... kind of.... at least about taking up the habit again. Well, kind of I guess.... I’d LIKE to, but I know I would be foolish to do so. I just do not know how foolish I am. :)

    PipeTobacco

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well shit, what good is using a disinfect then?

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT: Ben Franklin said, "I imagine a man must have a good deal of vanity who believes, and a good deal of boldness who affirms, that all doctrines he holds are true, and all he rejects are false."