Wednesday, April 29, 2020

THE OL’BUZZARD’S ADVICE FOR HANDLING ISOLATION.







All bloggers eventually run through dry spells; and especially now, with the pandemic, everything I would blog feels banal in comparison.  


Who gives a fuck about cat pics when 60,000 have died over the past six weeks from a pandemic that is being mismanaged by the federal government (Trump?)


They tell us to stay home and wear a mask when we go out: sounds like good advice; but staying home isolated wears over time. 
  

It is not being home that will drive you crazy, it is living the same routine day to day that eventually gets to you.  


I get up in the morning and feed the cats; I work out ten minutes on my Total Gym; eat breakfast and watch the news to see what outrage Trump committed yesterday;  spend some time on the computer; eat lunch and play scrabble with my wife; take a nap; watch TV; make supper, watch a movie while eating supper; go to bed and read until I fall asleep. 
 

The next day I get up and feed the cats….


The routine will eventually drive you crazy.   You have to do something different each day to break up the routine.  
 

Take a drive, work outside, take a walk, get high, have sex…   Do something each day to change the routine, and staying isolated will not be a problem. 


Check out Masters Classes





the Ol’Buzzard




4 comments:

  1. Since David has been home all day it's a new reality show every minute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I set myself one "special chore" per day to give me some direction and ambition. Nothing too exciting -- it can be as simple as a load of laundry or baking a certain recipe. But it provides a small reprieve from the otherwise standard routine. And I still indulge my love of cat videos and funny memes because taking some joy in life does not disrespect the dead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still working and doing some volunteering a couple of times a week. It isn't much different than usual for me so I consider myself lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trying to navigate electronic teaching and trying to make it as close to as beneficial as I can figure out to be compared to “face-to-face” teaching is “helping” me to not get frustrated within too much routine.... and in fact, for me, the routine feels comforting when I get done with the electronic work.

    Still, getting a bit drunk also seems appealing as would breaking down and smoking my pipes and pipe tobacco again. But, I am still *trying* to keep away from my pipes.... so it is best to stay away from a drink or two because I would want the pipes more with the relaxation of a bit of alcohol.

    PipeTobacco

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT: Ben Franklin said, "I imagine a man must have a good deal of vanity who believes, and a good deal of boldness who affirms, that all doctrines he holds are true, and all he rejects are false."