Monday, March 25, 2019

OUCH!








I had a root canal this morning and it hurts in more than one way.   I can’t complain too much since after eight decades I still have my own teeth; but this drilling was through an existing crown and now my jaw is sore and when my teeth come together (when I chew) a bolt of pain shoots through the tooth – according to the dentist this should subside over the next day or so. 
 

The other pain is the procedure cost me $120 from my local dentist for a fifteen-minute diagnosis and $1,450 for the endodontics procedure which took one hour.   My insurance covers at 40%. 


How in the world can people living from pay check to pay check afford dentistry?   No wonder there are so many people walking around without teeth.   Cosmetic dentistry can cost as much as a new car.  Some people can afford this but most working people with families can’t. 


To hell with medical doctors; if you have a child or grandchild looking for an occupation, dentistry is the way to go.   Our local dentists here in western Maine are now scheduling six months in advance for appointments.    The money rolls in, the demand is high, and you’re not having to look at people’s assholes.



I’ll take a BC Powder and come back strong.
the Ol’Buzzard

 

3 comments:

  1. So sorry you are suffering with dental pain. Yeah, dental work is the pits. What is really bad is that dental insurance is expensive but covers almost nothing. It really sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cost is worth it to keep your own teeth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As long as I am working I can still sort of afford this kind of thing, but I really don't want to work until eternity is over.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT: Ben Franklin said, "I imagine a man must have a good deal of vanity who believes, and a good deal of boldness who affirms, that all doctrines he holds are true, and all he rejects are false."