Friday, March 22, 2019

EVERYONE IS ASLEEP BUT ME!









For about the last three months I am averaging five hours sleep a night.  When I can I nap in the afternoon.  I get up to pee about three-thirty or four and find I am wide awake.   I try to control my breaths, empty my mind, relax; but I am fucking awake. 

Some say you need less sleep as you grow old, but after a while the lack of sleep saps your energy.  Maybe it is just the winter.  

Without a future to look forward to I find much of my thoughts are of the past.  Perhaps it is because I am trying to control what time I have left that I realize I was never in control in the past, but simply reacted to choices, and any difference choice, anywhere along the line, would have totally altered who and where I am today (the butterfly effect.)

I am not complaining.  The last thirty-eight years with my wife have been the best times of my life.     It has been chaos; but if it were true that your life passes in front of you when you die, mine would have to be a double feature: some good, some bad, but always an adventure.

Fuck it. 
the Ol’Buzzard





3 comments:

  1. How many careers have you had? Find something you want to to do & start again... Maybe you just need a future to look towards?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes I don't have enough sleep hormones (melatonin?) to get me through an entire night either. Afternoon naps are good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sleep is slowly coming back my way again. Last night I slept almost 9 hours. No! Really! It surprised the hell out of me. I have noticed an increase in sleep since Tuesday. I think it's the new pills I'm taking. They have cut down the pain without taking opiates. I think I found the perfect doctor. Even though he spends 2 to 3 minutes he is listening and is helping me.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT: Ben Franklin said, "I imagine a man must have a good deal of vanity who believes, and a good deal of boldness who affirms, that all doctrines he holds are true, and all he rejects are false."