Saturday, June 16, 2018

YouTube





In 1982 I was introduced to the Apple II computer – an 8-bit computer with 48k of memory.  

It is hard to believe forty years later we now live in a world run by computers and computer technology. 

Even an older buzzard like me, who to some extent resist technology running my life, has had to move into the 21st. century techno-world. 

I have a Tom-Tom that I use when I travel.  I have a flip cell phone that I carry in case of emergency when I travel, I have a computer and have recently (a birthday present) been given a Samsung Galaxy notebook that I use to download books from the library.  

I am down on social media; but I am a hypocrite since I run this blog.  

I find my computer great for research, I use e-mail and I have Netflix; but the most useful function of my online existence is YouTube.  

I buy a log splitter – I research YouTube; I buy a slow cooker – YouTube; Slow cooker recipes – YouTube, I lay flooring – YouTube; generator conversion - YouTube, Repair my chainsaw - YouTube...

Any project I have I first run it through YouTube.  
If I could only have one internet site it would have to be YouTube. 

the Ol'Buzzard

5 comments:

  1. There is literally everything under the Sun found on YouTube. Literally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is a Tom-Tom?

    Or should I look on YouTube? 🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tom-Tom is a satellite navigation system for your car that list every location (street address) in Canada and the U.S.

      Delete
  3. The problem is, no one realizes what a great reference site Youtube can be. David and I use it for reference all the time besides looking at puppy videos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Rare One swears by YouTube as well for instructional videos on how to operate and fix things. I watch YouTube for cat videos and Captain America/Winter Soldier romance videos. Well, to each their own.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT: Ben Franklin said, "I imagine a man must have a good deal of vanity who believes, and a good deal of boldness who affirms, that all doctrines he holds are true, and all he rejects are false."