Saturday, November 13, 2021

THE NEWS GODS SUCK

I read the Washington Post on-line this morning, and then the Portland Press Herald (Maine paper) and there is no good news.


What kind of times do we live in, that we must constantly walk around in a depressing world that seems to have gone mad?


Even cat memes are depressing.




I'm fucking sick or it.  What ever happened to uplifting, positive news that makes you feel good? 


Don't you give me no more bad news





Politics is dysfunctional, climate change is real, Trump will run again and could win, we are moving toward 800,000 deaths from corona virus, inflation is rising...


I like not this news.

Bring me good news!




Even the good news is just less bad.


the Ol'Buzzard




4 comments:

  1. When the hell was there EVER any GOOD news? Never, that's when.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it bleeds, it leads. Good news doesn't sell newspapers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi... I agree. The news sucks! (excuse my French) But perhaps we need to rise above it? You'll probably call me naive - and maybe I am, but I choose to believe that we have the opportunity to change this. Admittedly, I'm not sure how. But one candle in the dark does help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I try to do both...stuff that will make you think, piss you off and make you laugh...

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT: Ben Franklin said, "I imagine a man must have a good deal of vanity who believes, and a good deal of boldness who affirms, that all doctrines he holds are true, and all he rejects are false."