Saturday, March 6, 2021

BE QUIET AND LISTEN

 



 

There is a point in all of us

Somewhere in our DNA

Where nature overtakes nurture

And we are able to hear the cry

From our long forgotten past.

 

It is the wind that speaks to us

Beyond our cell-phones and I-Pads

Beyond our tv’s and computers

When everything that consumes our daily lives

Is shut down and there is silence.

Then we can hear the wind.

 

I have heard it and felt it before

But each time in a place of silence

and alone.  The wind. More than a whisper:

A cry, a howl, a roar – a voice

That brings back a clouded memory

Something through a glass darkly

Of a time when I am dressed in skins

Huddled in a cave or blow down shelter

And the wind outside is warning me

Don’t come out. I am strong. I am Nature.

I am god.


the Ol'Buzzard

 

5 comments:

  1. Wow, great poem! Haunting and evocative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are channeling Amanda Gorman!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome. There must be many who feel that way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can appreciate the craft of poetry and the strong sentiments! Wonderful!

    I have at times attempted to write poetry, but mine is just crap.

    PipeTobacco

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT: Ben Franklin said, "I imagine a man must have a good deal of vanity who believes, and a good deal of boldness who affirms, that all doctrines he holds are true, and all he rejects are false."