Thursday, June 27, 2024

PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE AND TOAST

 


 


 


When I turn on the news this morning the speculation about the Presidential debate between President Biden and Trump consumed the cable news outlets.  All this speculation is ridiculous as we only have to wait until nine o'clock tonight and all will be revealed.


As there is nothing I can do to affect the outcome of the debate tonight, so I made toast, a boiled egg, and tea – these I have control over.


Actually, I have little control over the way my toast comes out of the toaster.


 I must have owned a dozen toasters over the years and have always complained about uneven toasting or toast darker on one side than the other.


The last toaster I owned was a Cuisinart.  It had a shiny stainless steel body, but it toasted no better than the twelve-dollar toaster from Walmart.    The wrapped wire heating elements made in China in the twelve-dollar toaster at Walmart are likely the exact same Chinese wire heating elements we find in Cuisinart.

 

After going on YouTube if found that Dash was listed as one of the best toasters by America’s Test Kitchen.

 

For the last two years, I have owned a Dash toaster.  Though not perfect, it is the best toaster I have ever owned – and it comes in colors.


 Instead of the wrapped wire element, the Dash has four ceramic rods, one on the top and one on the bottom of each side.  These rods glow red hot and toast the bread fairly evenly.  

 


 

Dash also has a window so you can watch the toasting process.  The Dash has defrost, reheat, and bagel buttons.





  I have never used the defrost or reheat -perhaps they are for Poptarts and frozen waffles - but the bagel button lights the rods on one side of the toaster, toasting only the cut half of the bagel.  

 

So this morning instead of watching the bed-wetting, speculation, and hype about this evening’s debate, I made a piece of toast, a boiled egg, and a cup of tea, and decided to post about the Dash toaster that gave me a nice dark, evenly toasted bread this morning. 

I don’t post for any company or product; but when I find something I like I will pass it on.

the Ol’Buzzard


2 comments:

  1. My toaster is a Hamilton Bench brand and it toasts well enough for me. It too has a bagel setting, which is very handy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our toaster dates back at least 30 years to a period when I was out of work after my first bike shop failed. We were broke, but needed a toaster. I went to our local hardware store and without hesitation Bruce gave me one and told me to pay when I had the cash. I found a nail pounding gig the next week and paid Bruce back. So we still use that toaster and thankfully it still works well enough for us. Slow, but it toasts fine.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT: Ben Franklin said, "I imagine a man must have a good deal of vanity who believes, and a good deal of boldness who affirms, that all doctrines he holds are true, and all he rejects are false."