Sunday, February 27, 2022

OUR HEARTS ARE BROKEN

 


Friday night I held her in my arms as she took her last breath.  A terrible decision to have to make.   My wife and I  are devastated.   Our young cat is searching the house for her. 

 

She went from 14 pounds to 7 pounds in a matter of months; the cancer in her stomach and chest caused her to gasp for breath.  


We know it was the right thing to do, but it doesn't make it any easier.  







I can't list the number of ways we miss her.


the Ol'Buzzard

8 comments:

  1. It is never easy but it is the way of life and you did right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. She was such a beautiful and loving cat. My condolences to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m sorry for both you and your wife. I completely understand. Take care. - Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry for your loss. It reminds me of when we had to let Lucy, my beloved baby girl. She died in my arms and it hurt so bad. Her seizures where out of control and she had no control over them even with drugs. I'm so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It never gets easier but memories are long and strong and she'll always be with you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very sorry for your loss - it's the price of love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh no...Im so sorry..how heart breaking.. Its been over 2 years and I still miss Dexter every day. At night I swear I feel him jump on the bed...can't tell you how many times I've reached out to pet him. I truly am very very sad for the 3 of you. sending love.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so hard losing a pet, even when we know it's time. May she have found the Summer Lands.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT: Ben Franklin said, "I imagine a man must have a good deal of vanity who believes, and a good deal of boldness who affirms, that all doctrines he holds are true, and all he rejects are false."