Saturday, August 28, 2021

AFGHANISTAN DAJA VU

 As a Vietnam vet I have seen this before.   It ain't pretty; but necessary.   It takes more nerve to fold on a bad hand than see it through and pass it along to someone else, and Biden should be supported.  

History tells us that regardless how we got in to Afghanistan, the getting-out was destine to be a horror show.  


Eugene Robinson of the Washington post (my favorite commentator) tells it best: 

Washington Post


And it ain't over tell it's over.

SEMPER FI MARINES

My respect. 

the Ol'Buzzard


2 comments:

  1. I remember the U.S. departure from Vietnam - wash, rinse, repeat. It really sucks that we left behind billions of dollars worth of very sophisticated military equipment for the Taliban to play with. I read that we could have ended homelessness in America 4 times over with that money. But, the cost of American arrogance in lives is, to me, unforgivable.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT: Ben Franklin said, "I imagine a man must have a good deal of vanity who believes, and a good deal of boldness who affirms, that all doctrines he holds are true, and all he rejects are false."