Tuesday, May 12, 2020

TRAVELING DURING THE PANDEMIC





Travel through foreign countries, different cultures and even time in not impossible during the isolation of pandemic.  

My wife and I have been traveling steadily since we decided to hunker down in early March.   We not only move through countries and cultures, but even through  time.

Though physically time travel is a reality; originally posed by Einstein's General Theory of Relativity - the bending of time by gravity; and Einstein's Special Theory of Relativity, where time is malleable according to speed in reference to another object; our travel is through books. 




You don't need the Tardis, or an airline or bus ticket; you don't even need to start your car.  





Just pack a snack, get your favorite beverage, secure a comfortable seat, and pick a destination and time. 

Here are some suggestions: 










So many books
So little time
the Ol'Buzzard

  

5 comments:

  1. There's a TV series now of "A Discovery of Witches" -- I haven't watched it but see it in the listings all the time. Have you seen it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read 'Bob's Saucer Repair" on my Kindle and got sucked in to that world. I'm easily entertained but it is fun reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How is "A Discovery of Witches?" That sounds like it's right up my alley. After I watched "The Plot Against America" on HBO I read two books by Philip Roth. It was like getting a root canal from a Jewish dentist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Child 44 is also a movie. I did not know it was a book. Now on my list. IF I can finish Midnight in Chernobyl. Lord, that is a gut wrenching. I know people who lived in Pripyat at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ancillary justice, Ancillary sword, and Ancillary mercy by Ann Leicke (SP?) are a superb story. On my second read, and still getting something new out of them.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT: Ben Franklin said, "I imagine a man must have a good deal of vanity who believes, and a good deal of boldness who affirms, that all doctrines he holds are true, and all he rejects are false."