Sunday, September 29, 2019

WATCHES OF THE PAST AND PRESENT





I recently posted about my grandfathers watch, which was made in 1938.     It is an mechanical watch and must be wound every morning.  Only a few old people nostalgically use a mechanical watch like this any longer. 




Now watches have morphed into  wearable technology. 





I found it interesting that a friend of mine said his grandson, in highs school, did not know how to read an analog type watch display.   

the Ol'Buzzard

2 comments:

  1. I have several watches. I refuse to wear digital. Of course, even analog ones have advanced beyond the wind up era by using batteries and I am glad. I recall trying to keep up with winding the damn things constantly to keep them from stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I've heard that some (most?) young people can't read analog clocks any more. I remember very well being taught how to "tell time" in Grade One by the teacher.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT: Ben Franklin said, "I imagine a man must have a good deal of vanity who believes, and a good deal of boldness who affirms, that all doctrines he holds are true, and all he rejects are false."