Sunday, January 21, 2018

COOKING – NOT ABOUT TRUMP







I have mentioned before that I cook most of the supper meals and for some reason my wife doesn’t mind.

About thirty years ago we bought a Revere cooking set.  One of the items I use the most is the steamer – a pan with holes in the bottom that fits on top of the regular cooking pot. 




This is a thirty-minute, one pot meal that I regularly prepare:
 
·       I clean carrots and then slice them down the middle
·       I slice Yukon Gold potatoes about a half-inch thick and then quarter the slices
·       I quarter an onion then separate the layers
·       The potatoes and carrots go in the bottom pot and are covered with water.




·       The onions go in the steamer being careful not to cover all the holes
·       I take a fresh salmon fillet and place it on top of the onions.
·       Cover the pot and bring it to a boil


·       Fifteen minutes later supper is ready
Salmon, potatoes, carrots and onions served with a crusty bread and butter and a nice white wine like Clean Slate Riesling.     

The whole meal takes thirty minutes including preparing the vegetables.

I use the pot to steam any vegetable you would normally boil.  Steaming keeps in the vitamins and minerals and the vegetables don’t taste washed out and soggy.

the Ol’Buzzard





1 comment:

COMMENT: Ben Franklin said, "I imagine a man must have a good deal of vanity who believes, and a good deal of boldness who affirms, that all doctrines he holds are true, and all he rejects are false."