Wednesday, March 22, 2017

CHUCK BERRY





I remember my mother in her late seventies telling me she hated to go to sleep because everyone she dreamed of was dead.   I blew it off as old people talk.   

I don't dream about people; but of all the music I grew up with almost everyone is dead.   1950's and 1960's Rock and Roll - mostly gone, or if they are still around they are fucking old.  

And now Chuck Berry.   To me, he and Jerry Lee were the original rockers.  








"It's only Rock and Roll
Everyone dies
Go with the flow
And try to have a good time"

       ( Cledus Purcell from James Lee Burke's Robicheaux series)

the Ol'Buzzard

2 comments:

  1. As someone on another blog mentioned, I hope there will still be a release of the new album he was talking about in the waning days. By the way...you're sounding more and more like me every time I stop by here. Uncanny. It's getting so I can't remember which ones are dead and which are alive (musicians and people from my youth. I'm pretty sure there are more of the former than the latter.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT: Ben Franklin said, "I imagine a man must have a good deal of vanity who believes, and a good deal of boldness who affirms, that all doctrines he holds are true, and all he rejects are false."