Friday, February 17, 2017

A PISSANT IN THE COSMOS





I got up this morning at seven o-clock, went down stairs and started the woodstove while my wife fed the demanding cats.   



We have to wait an hour to eat breakfast because of pills my wife takes.   So back upstairs to my office, den, mancave (I hate that word- it is so prissy, phony macho) and did twenty minutes on my total-gym.  

I hadn’t worked out in three days because of all the shoveling and snow moving after each storm. 


 

Today we are going down town to shake off the cabin fever.   We will have a nice lunch out, walk around town, get our mail at the post office, go by the new kitchen store, and of course drop in to the used book store before returning home.  

Meantime the planet is warming faster than any time short of an asteroid collision or massive volcano eruption.    The Kepler space craft has confirmed 100 new planets.   



The cosmos is expanding and showing no sign of slowing down.   Parallel universes are being studied by theoretical physicist.  Light is being bent by gravitation, time can be altered by speed and I am thinking very seriously of having fish and chips for lunch.




Just another day in the foothills of western Maine.




the Ol’Buzzard

 


5 comments:

  1. This is the second blog post I've read in a row about fish and chips! Must have fish and chips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello again ol' Buzz.
    Apologies fer not responding sooner ...
    Computer thingos are sort of not my first choice.
    Grew up with hand written letters.
    Apparently not popular these days .. meh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. damn now I want fish and chips..but will settle for cajun shrimp.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The daily routines of life keep us as anchored to reality as they can. Enjoy your fish and chips.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT: Ben Franklin said, "I imagine a man must have a good deal of vanity who believes, and a good deal of boldness who affirms, that all doctrines he holds are true, and all he rejects are false."