Saturday, December 15, 2012

PROTECTING LIBERAL VALUES



I left a comment on the Hump Day offering of Yellow Dog Granny’s blog and in retrospect feel so strongly about it I decided to post.

As we approach the fiscal cliff the White House is trying to strike a deal with House Republicans to avoid increasing taxes and across the board cuts to spending.  

I hate to say this, but because of the Presidents past track record of capitulating to Republican demands before attempting compromise, I do not trust the President to stand strong against cuts to Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security and other social programs that protect our most vulnerable.   



Thank goodness (notice I didn't say God) for Nancy Pelosi.   This powerful woman has our back and I can believe she will stand strong against severe cuts to entitlements.  


the Ol’Buzzard


2 comments:

  1. I like ole Nancy..and I've said it all along..President Obama needs to grow a pair when it comes to the GOP..bastids..
    what should I name the other blog?..that was a name I just tossed up there for now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never lived my life based on politics in this country and I'm not about to now. I just ease along doing my own thing.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT: Ben Franklin said, "I imagine a man must have a good deal of vanity who believes, and a good deal of boldness who affirms, that all doctrines he holds are true, and all he rejects are false."