Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Bike Run with United Bikers of Maine

The wife and I haven't gotten much riding in this year because of the rain.   Earlier this month we went on a two hundred mile run with The United Bikers of Maine - Franklin County.   The weather was bright and cool; perfect for a bike run.  Our route took us through the western Maine mountains and over the height of land overlooking the Rangeley Lakes, finally ending at the Moose Alley in Rangeley.


A little bit of sore biker ass when we got home, but a great ride.

A spider: seeing more and more of these with old folks.

Black one in the middle: my bike.   Pretty lady with the white hair: my wife.

Great looking Honda

If I could have one more bike - this would be it: Honda Valkyrie.


Rest stop


Height of land. great view


This was called a poker run.  Twelve dollars a rider.
 Five stops, at each stop you draw a card
At the destination the best hand wins 50% of pot.
Other half goes to Christmas baskets for needy in the county.



Final destination.  Chow down.
Everyone splits up
 and then seventy miles back to the house.  

The Ol'Buzzard

4 comments:

  1. That Spider one...looks like my cup of arthritic, old man tea. No way I could handle anything else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like so much fun. Sadly, I can't handle riding any more. Our last trip we went from Ft. Lauderdale down to Key West and I thought I was going to die. Of course the weather was steamin' and that didn't help any.

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like fun, not my kind of fun, but fun nether the less. I prefer having steel wrapped around me and unable to see the ground ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. That spider thing looks like something I could handle. Otherwise no bikes for me as I have no sense of balance.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT: Ben Franklin said, "I imagine a man must have a good deal of vanity who believes, and a good deal of boldness who affirms, that all doctrines he holds are true, and all he rejects are false."