Saturday, December 10, 2022

THE PAST STAYS WITH US.

 


When I was in Navy boot camp in 1959 our Company Commander was an old salty first-class Boatswains Mate.  One of his most used expressions was,  ‘Fuck me silly with a Handy Billy.’   The Handy Billy, also known as the P50, was a gas-powered water pump used for firefighting aboard Navy ships.   Today, when I fuck something up my go-to explicative is still ‘Fuck Me Silly’.  



I don't remember his name, but he made an impression


They call it a crow; but look at the beak.  Its got to be a buzzard

The Ol'Buzzard



2 comments:

  1. My cousin's daughter who is overly religious was asked to go for coffee by a young man. Her response was "What are your intentions?" My answer would have been to a stupid question like that, "I wanted to fuck your brains out but I see someone beat me to it". He gave her a proper answer and she then said she would pray about it. They obviously deserved each other as they have been married now for a great many years.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT: Ben Franklin said, "I imagine a man must have a good deal of vanity who believes, and a good deal of boldness who affirms, that all doctrines he holds are true, and all he rejects are false."