Saturday, August 13, 2022

TOASTERS

 I don’t believe I have ever been satisfied with any toaster I have ever owned.   Usually, the bread is toasted darker on one side than the other, or the bread is toasted unevenly, or one slot toasts differently than the other.   The settings are never quite right and sometimes you have to retoast a piece of toast.




For the last few years, I have owned a Cuisinart toaster.   It sells for about $60.   The Cuisinart has a stainless steel body and accepts two pieces of bread.  However, I am pretty sure the heating elements are made in China and are the same as any $20 toaster you can buy at Walmart.  Especially with homemade bread I never get even consistent toasting. 




 

After watching America’s Test Kitchen on YouTube I decided to order the Dash toaster.   It cost about the same as the Cuisinart.   I ordered it through the Walmart website and received it yesterday.   I am impressed by the different technology.   The heating element rods are at the bottom and top of the toast slot and the bread is toasted evenly.   You can see the browning of each piece through the glass window and can adjust your timing accordingly.   The toast I have made with this Dash toaster has come out evenly toasted, and the slot is wide enough to accept homemade bread.


This Dash may be the answer to my toasting discontent.   

(Through most of my younger adult days I fried my bread.  The best taste, but super unhealthy.) 

the Ol'Buzzard










3 comments:

  1. America's Test Kitchen has all the answers! Glad this new toaster does a great job for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don't really use a toaster but we have a nice toaster oven

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a Cuisinart 4-slice toaster. It does OK, but as you say - each side & slot is different. I find myself changing the setting to be darker over time, wondering if it's a warning sign we'll be needing to look for a new one soon or if it's my preference changing. OTOH, I use it most and only use 2 slots, so there's 2 more to wear out yet.
    I'll be interested if this one continues to impress you as time goes by.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT: Ben Franklin said, "I imagine a man must have a good deal of vanity who believes, and a good deal of boldness who affirms, that all doctrines he holds are true, and all he rejects are false."