Wednesday, June 22, 2022

UNITED STATES SELL-BY DATE: NOVEMBER 8, 2022

 



I find this a particularly hard time to blog.  The MAGA world has brought violence and intimidation into the political processes to an extent not seen since the Civil War; and the Supreme Court is moving the country toward the fundamental Christian far-right.  I fear I am seeing this country, its stability I have always taken for granted, move toward becoming a fascist theocracy.

 

(Fascism: a form of far-right authoritarian, characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition, exultation of nation and race above the individual, with a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader.)

 

This country has a history of good things and terrible things, but it has always strived toward a vision of democracy outlined in our Constitution.

 

I spent 22 years in the military.  When deployed among other nation’s troops I was always proud of the display of the Stars and Stripes – the symbol of our country.

 

But that was in the past.  Now when I see our flag its connotation is insurrection, rebellion and fanatical cult allegiance to a monumental con-man and would be dictator.   To me, the American flag has now become the symbol of the destruction of the democratic government that I have lived under for over eighty years.

 

Perhaps this country is past its sell-by date. 

 

the Ol’Buzzard

 

 


5 comments:

  1. People need to wake up and see the danger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have had a problem commenting on your blog. Finally fixed it. I had no third party cookies checked and had to uncheck it. Now You are stuck with me for a while.
    I certainly hope you are wrong but would not bet the farm on it. Massive turnout for the Dems might be enough but it might not, given how much power the Red States have given themselves to ignore the voters

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fact so many people aren't recognizing the danger is what is deeply disturbing to me, so many act like nothing to see here. I have similar concerns that you expressed and if America becomes a Fascist Theocracy, I know that my Love of Country will be seriously compromised and our way of Life utterly destroyed... and the grim part of it is that they are not and will never be the Majority... but, if they aren't appropriately dealt with, the damage they can do is irreversible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Historically haven't all great powers fallen at one time? I worry that our time is quickly approaching.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT: Ben Franklin said, "I imagine a man must have a good deal of vanity who believes, and a good deal of boldness who affirms, that all doctrines he holds are true, and all he rejects are false."