Thursday, September 3, 2015

A PUZZLE TO END THE WEEK WITH




I often read more than one book at a time.   At present I am reading a book on mathematics trivia, a western and a book of logic.    The following teaser was from the logic book - though I have heard the same problem before.

 A woman  begins at point A and walks south three miles,

She then turns east and walks three miles, 

Finally she turns north and walks three miles 

She finds she is back at her starting point

What color is the bear?


I'm just asking
the Ol'Buzzard

2 comments:

  1. AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAA! Cute, but the woman is actually off by three miles to the east from the starting point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A man in Buenos Aires asked to catch a ride with a pilot. The pilot said sure no problem, it will not be out of my way at all. The man said but you don't know where I want to go. It doesn't matter said the pilot. Where was the pilot going?

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT: Ben Franklin said, "I imagine a man must have a good deal of vanity who believes, and a good deal of boldness who affirms, that all doctrines he holds are true, and all he rejects are false."