Wednesday, June 5, 2019

OLD DOG NEW TRICK







My wife and I have been making our bread with bread machines for thirty-five years.  During that time, we have gone through four machines.   The Breadman Ultra we have now is ten years old.  Dough that is slightly wet tends to stick to the side of the bread pan and cause the machine to vibrate and move around on the counter during kneading.  I don’t know why I never thought of it before, but this morning I sprayed some olive oil cooking spray on a paper towel and wiped the inside of the pan before filling the ingredients.   It worked beautifully; the machine ran through the cycles smoothly. 




Note: I always remove the dough just before the last knead cycle, take out the paddle and place the dough back in the bread pan for the last knead, rise and bake cycle.





2 comments:

COMMENT: Ben Franklin said, "I imagine a man must have a good deal of vanity who believes, and a good deal of boldness who affirms, that all doctrines he holds are true, and all he rejects are false."