Monday, May 9, 2016

THERE IS NO MURDER IN PARADISE




It is not often that you find a movie as good as the book.  I can only name a half dozen: The Name of the Rose, Dr. Zhivago, Catch 22…  

Yesterday I watched Child 44.   I have read the book by Tom Roy Smith and it was interesting; but this movie was every bit and riveting as the book.



I normally don’t care for spy or war movies; but, I do tend to read stories taking place during Stalin’s Russia.     Child 44 takes place in Russia and the Ukraine where ‘there is no murder in paradise.’   A young Russian officer becomes obsessed with apprehending a serial child killer and as a results is stripped of his rank and, with his wife, sent to the camps. 


 





It is a great movie and a good read. 

The Ol'Buzzard    

3 comments:

  1. I need to go get that book. I do love a good murder mystery. Thank you for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is on my list to watch. Along with The Inner Circle which is an older film about the Stalinist era. Needless to say, Child 44 is banned in Russia as is Leviathon

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT: Ben Franklin said, "I imagine a man must have a good deal of vanity who believes, and a good deal of boldness who affirms, that all doctrines he holds are true, and all he rejects are false."