Sunday, February 26, 2012

DAJA VU ALL OVER AGAIN


A RAMBLING FROM NERD LAND. 




Over my seventy-plus years I have, rarely, but occasionally been in a situation where I had a flash insight that I had experienced a particular place, situation or group of people before – though I never had.    This feeling usually came out of the blue, lasted for a second and passed; and later was hard to remember or totally forgotten.  

If it were just me I would write it off as some synapse in my brain misfiring and giving me a visual presentation of a memory download.   But, my wife has experienced it - and almost everyone I know says they have had similar experiences.  

The most comfortable solution would be a brain fart; but, stick with me on this: when it comes to understanding reality, experience can be deceptive. 

Over the last three hundred years, despite continuous religious opposition, Science, and especially Physics, has demystified most of the natural occurrences of our earth and  our solar system.  Science has now moved to the realm of explaining the universe and the cosmos, relying heavily on Einstein’s theories of relativity and quantum mechanics.   Many of these theories require you to leave your comfort zone and accept strange concepts of reality. 

Physicists come from a wide discipline of studies: theoretical physics, relativistic physics, quantum physics, cosmological physics, computational physics and unified physics.    The hope is, at some time in the future, a unification of all these different disciplines will result in one overall grand theory that will explain all phenomena.

The one thing that is curious about all the physics disciplines is that at some point they all converge to a theme of parallel-universes.   Theoretical Physics proposes the possible of parallel – mirror universes that are just beyond our reality: universes where we exist in a complimentary energy realm.  This would pose the question of which realm was the bona fied and which was the mirror image. 

Einstein’s Special Relativity depends on the assumption that nothing can travel faster than the speed of light: among other things, this theory continues on to say that as you approach the speed of light, time in your frame of existence slows down.   The thought is that if you could exceed the speed of light time travel into the past would be theoretically possible.

 Recently, in the super Hadron Collider in Cern, Switzerland a particle traveling faster than the speed of light was discovered: it popped into existence for a small fraction of a second and then vanished.   

Rather than traveling through time I might pose that this particle was transiting across parallel universes.

Making a big circle: could our experience of  Daja vu be an electronic flash from a parallel-mirror universe?     

I’m just asking. 

Maybe that's where all those extra socks come from in the drier.  

the Ol’Buzzard
Kinda makes the Republican convention seem more ridiculous doesn’t it.     

4 comments:

  1. Years and years ago I tried to get into astronomy - You know, the Carl Sagan craze that went on for a few years. Too heavy for my feeble mind.
    I would hope though that if there is a parallel universe that the other earth isn't as fucked up as we humans have made this one.


    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot of people think our souls are recycled from one life to another and why not? Hence the brief flashes of Déjà vu. Given my love for and interest in Siberia, MOngolia and Central Asia, I always said in a previous life I was a horsemanthe Asian steppes. My late wife said I was just part of his horse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really do not like the theory of parallel universes. At all.
    It just does not "feel" right. I mean, could I have two or three souls, one in each universe? If so, then I'm no longer me.
    There are so many wretched implications one could gather from such a theory. I'm like Sarge in that I think this universe is fucked up enough as it is presently perceived by ordinary folk like myself.
    If the universes are different than how can I (me) exist in both? If the particle can jump from one place to another, then so would humans be able to -- so they say. Oh, it just boggles my mind too much but now I'll be thinking about it, again, for the rest of the day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe that's where all those extra socks come from in the drier.
    So that's where my socks that disappear in the drier are going!!

    While some parallel universes may be better there's probably as many or more that are worse.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT: Ben Franklin said, "I imagine a man must have a good deal of vanity who believes, and a good deal of boldness who affirms, that all doctrines he holds are true, and all he rejects are false."