Friday, June 24, 2011

I CAN'T EXPLAIN IT - SO THERE MUST BE A GOD.

I'm"Old

Oops!
I posted pictures earlier and none of them took - I ended up with big empty boxes with some kind of script at the top.   Not sure why.  Blog Fodder thanks for the heads-up - Linda thanks for the input.

But after all I'm OLD.

(excerpt from FOOL by Christopher Moore.  A parody of King Lear
as told from the point of view of his jester.
A great read.)

"Goneril went to her father and took his hand, "yes father you are old.   Very old.   Really , really, extraordinarily, mind-blogglingly -"

She turned to me for a clue, "Dog fuckingly, " I suggested.

"- dog-fuckingly old,' said the duchess.   'You are feebly, incontinently, desiccatedly, smelling-of-boiled-cabbagely old.  You are brain-rottingly, balls-draggingly  -"

'I'm fucking old!' said Lear. "We'll stipulate that."


Now that I'm old I can use that as an excuse: I'm fucking old -

the Ol'Buzzard

3 comments:

  1. Because they don't try and figure out what a man is saying. They simply accept him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are there supposed to be pictures or links in your post? Cause like that showed up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Someone once said,'Who would want to live to be 98?'

    Mark Twain answered,'Someone who is 97.'

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT: Ben Franklin said, "I imagine a man must have a good deal of vanity who believes, and a good deal of boldness who affirms, that all doctrines he holds are true, and all he rejects are false."