Friday, October 30, 2015

HALLOWEEN






I am some disappointed.  Here it is the day before Halloween and after searching the online TV guide for Halloween movies I came up with nothing except a Michael Myers marathon – and that sux.


As I have stated on other blogs I don’t believe in ghost and goblins and things that go bump in the night; but I love Halloween and movies of monsters and witches and things that represent this season. 



 
Actually, my wife and I celebrate Halloween.   Halloween for us evolved from the times of witchcraft: maidens, mothers and crones – a time when wise women practiced medicine with herbs and spells and offered hope to people in special need. 



  
Witches, if you will, were uniquely in touch with the cycles of nature, as only women can be.   Men and religions over the centuries have suppressed these connections, until today girls and women and crones do not even realize the power they possess – they do not celebrate their nature. 


Halloween is their time, a time of witches, a time of women – It is the quintessential holiday for women.  A time for women to celebrate all stages of their life and renew their connections with Mother Nature.


 the Ol'Buzzard


1 comment:

  1. That's a lovely image of the Maiden, Mother and Crone you found! I hope your Halloween/Samhain was good and wish you and your wife many blessings of the season!

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT: Ben Franklin said, "I imagine a man must have a good deal of vanity who believes, and a good deal of boldness who affirms, that all doctrines he holds are true, and all he rejects are false."