Tuesday, October 20, 2015

AGING and OTHER SHIT





Age doesn’t impart wisdom it only conveys experience.  If you were a stupid young person you are probably a stupid old person, just with more experience.

There are a lot of correlations to this axiom.   Education does not infer intelligence; again, just more experience.       I once had a professor, a Doctor of Psychology, ask me if the moon is full in Maine was the moon also full in Florida.

Furthermore, higher education does not have to meet an accepted standard.   A Science degree from George Jones University, a fundamentalist Christian diploma mill, is not equivalent to a science degree issued by major, nonsectarian universities; and even high schools that teach religious adjusted curriculum as science are shortchanging their charges and propagating ignorance.

It is not unusual for people to be very good in one field and totally ignorant of everything outside of their specialty.   It doesn’t have to be Rain Man to warrant this conclusion: clue up Dr. Ben Carson.

Where am I going with this?   Hell, I don’t know.   It is six o-clock in the morning; it is still dark; the wife and the cats are asleep and I am not.   Somehow writing placates that person that keeps babbling in my head.

the Ol’Buzzard



 



4 comments:

  1. Babble on, OB, babble on! Will you have a nap this afternoon to make up for lost sleep?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some people have 60 years experience, other have 1 year's experience 60 times. One of our candidates for election just held did not know about the Holocaust. She sat on the school board, I heard. Social Worker.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love when you babble. It gives me insight as to what that little guy in your brain is coming up with while rummaging through your brain files.

    Also did you know, people have better thought patterns at night and early morning than during the day. I think it has to do with the fact that the brain is not really focusing on a million things at once as it does in the day. When it's quiet your thoughts are so much clearer. Interesting,

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know..I think I get smarter..I learn all the time..I read, google, ask questions and put all that knowledge into teaching my grand daughters not to make my mistakes..ha.I have leaning lessons with my gg's all the time..I'm old..I'm wiser now than I was at 16, 30 or 50

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT: Ben Franklin said, "I imagine a man must have a good deal of vanity who believes, and a good deal of boldness who affirms, that all doctrines he holds are true, and all he rejects are false."