Sunday, January 22, 2017

RESISTANCE PUBLISHING 1/22/17






Today I sent a letter to the editor to all the major newspapers in Maine and local papers in my area.  

It is not enough to blog about my discontent.  I only have about twenty five people that read my blog and five or six that comment. 

As writers, if we are to actively confront the Trump take over of America we have to reach out beyond our blogs.    We have to publish.  We have to point out ever falsehood and every Republican infringement on our liberty.  

Below is my letter to the editors.  Feel free to copy or use any portion - but please join Resistance Publishing:

As his first order of business on Friday President Trump signed an executive order giving federal agencies permission not to comply with parts of the Affordable Care Act.   The order was not specific, but gave an opening toward undermining the health care that eleven million people depend on.

The aim is obvious: by not complying with critical portions of the law opponents can push the entire Act into chaos; then Republican law makers can say the Affordable Care Act has been a disaster from its concept and use that as an excuse to repeal it without a replacement.  


Those of you who were so afraid of losing your guns should now be afraid of losing your Social Security retirement and Medicare, along with affordable health care.    All of these programs are on the chopping block of the Republican law makers in order to decrease government expenditures; thus allowing a justification for massive tax cuts for the mega-wealthy and major corporations.   

the Ol'Buzzard

3 comments:

  1. hear, hear. I had hoped to retire in 2 years...might not be able to now. I'm afraid, I'm very afraid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was discussing this with my teenage girls today. It's time to send them a letter every week about what concerns them. I said I would stock up on the stamps.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT: Ben Franklin said, "I imagine a man must have a good deal of vanity who believes, and a good deal of boldness who affirms, that all doctrines he holds are true, and all he rejects are false."