Saturday, January 13, 2018

LIKE?








It has been, like, the weather sucks.  It rains all the time.

Donald Trump tweeted: Through my life, my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart.

I understand that language should be fluid; and that language often modifies to fit the needs of particular groups.  But why do we need to use a word that serves no purpose?   Like like

What the hell is the usage of like in the above sentences.  Is it a noun, verb, adverb, adjective, preposition, conjunction; and how would you diagram it in a sentence?   Provided people still diagram sentences.

The word like, like, bugs the fuck out of me.

the Ol’Buzzard

3 comments:

COMMENT: Ben Franklin said, "I imagine a man must have a good deal of vanity who believes, and a good deal of boldness who affirms, that all doctrines he holds are true, and all he rejects are false."