Monday, January 13, 2020

STABIL iCE CLEATS



We had an ice storm on Sunday, coating our roads and driveways with one-half inch of ice.   

If you live in northern climates ice is the worst possible winter precipitation.   An ideal time for broken bones.   

From time to time I post suggestions of products that I have used and believe in - not an advertisement, but a recommendation from my personal experience.

I have ice cleats that are at least ten years old, and in my opinion the best on the market.   

STABILicers ice cleats cost around $55.00.   This seems a high price, but a pair will last you for decades and give you better traction than any cheaper brand.      If you look at this as a one time purchase and a health expenditure, they are well worth the price.  




They have Velcro fasteners that make them easy to put on and take off, and easily adjustable to whatever footwear you are wearing. The solid sole has tread and the screw cleats are replaceable.  


I was a Navy northern bush survival instructor for eight years, and I lived in the arctic and sub arctic of Alaska for eleven years; so my recommendation is the results of experience, and from my experience, these are the best ice cleats I have ever owned. 

the Ol'Buzzard   

7 comments:

  1. Those are excellent but rolling wheels to keep me out of the ice is better for my living preference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Those do look a helluva lot better than anything I have tried before. All the ones I have had didn’t last worth a damn. I will see if I can find them on Amazon as I have never seen them in my area.

    BTW, we received the 1/2 inch of ice on Saturday that you got on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ice is the WORST. Thanks for your cleats recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We use Yak Trax. The drawback to cleats is they can damage flooring if you forget you have them on. Yak Trax don't have anything pointy so won't get snagged on carpets or scratch up hardwood. They're also fairly easy to get on, although not as easy as yours sound.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We get ice here in our part of Texas practically every 20 years. Where I used to live 17 years ago, these would have been really useful. I miss the ice and snow. Could you see it in your heart to send us a could of inches of snow. Not asking for too much of it, just a little dusting would even make me happy.Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never get more than a season or two out of anything else. Maybe I'll try some of those.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Quadtrek provides ice cleats which helps you to have a hassle free walking on the snow.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT: Ben Franklin said, "I imagine a man must have a good deal of vanity who believes, and a good deal of boldness who affirms, that all doctrines he holds are true, and all he rejects are false."