Saturday, January 11, 2020

A QUESTION ABOUT YOU TUBE VIDEOS?




A video that I posted has 'been removed by the user.'  What the hell does that mean?   Who is 'the user?'


Now I am afraid to go out to eat tonight because I might come home to fine my house removed by the user!  


I was introduced to the walking dude in The Stand; now I have to worry about the user?

There was enough to worry about with vampires, werewolves, zombies and the walking dude - now, somewhere out there is the user!


Beware
the Ol'Buzzard

3 comments:

  1. I don't know why they refer to the "user." The one who removes videos from YouTube is usually the copyright holder who has not given permission for it to be posted and made publicly available.

    And I know it was your "Mrs Brown's Boys" video because I sent the YouTube link to my sister and she let me know that it had been removed -- before she got to see it! She was upset too. She loves that show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, what Deb said. I've noticed that happening a lot lately. I had two videos called back because they no longer exist on Youtube. What gets me is why did they bother to put it on there in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've stolen a few songs from YouTube a few years ago (during 2011) via CD recorder and a patch cord with a "Y" adapter to record off the headphone jack

    ...even then I found it somewhat remarkable the availability for free of what is, essentially, copyrighted commercial material.
    But opportunity is opportunity, so I took advantage while I still could.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT: Ben Franklin said, "I imagine a man must have a good deal of vanity who believes, and a good deal of boldness who affirms, that all doctrines he holds are true, and all he rejects are false."