Monday, June 15, 2015

SELLING ON ebay





My beautiful wife and I live an independent, solitary life style – somewhat off the grid.   We supplement our heating cost by heating with wood when the temperatures allow, we have gas lights installed in our cabin for use when we lose electricity, and I do all my on maintenance and upkeep – including snow removal in the winter which is no small chore. 

We know that at some time in the future the rigors of this lifestyle will make it difficult for my wife to sustain when I am gone, so we are considering sometimes in the future moving into a more manageable abode – perhaps a condo where the maintenance is not an issue. 

This poses the question of what to do with all the STUFF we have collected over the past thirty-five years.     So, as an answer I have determined to start selling some of our STUFF on ebay.

  

So far I have sold one item and I am $46.28 in the hole after expenses. 

Ain’t entrepreneuring great?

the Ol’Buzzard

4 comments:

  1. move to West...we have the best retirement apts ever.rent is based on how much money you make..and the electricity bill..mine is $40-60...mostly 45 or 50..we're less then 1/4 of a mile from the senior center where you can get meals for $1.50..we're maybe round trip 3 miles to town and back...20 miles from Waco..90 miles from Dallas, 80 miles from Ft. Worth..and 120 miles from Austin..300 miles or so from the coast..the weather is hot and humid but we have great insulated apts..we have an olympic pool, VFW, 5 bakeries and a donut shop, 4 bars..bunch of churches, great restaurants, (no Chinese, but Waco and Hillsboro does)and Westfest...plus me..what more could you want? we had maybe 6-7 days of freezing this past winter..one day at a time..no snow..more rain this year than ever..but not life threatening..come on down...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jackiesue wouldn't mind having you as a neighbor but we have winter in our soul - we look forward to the mountains turning fall colors and the first snow fall.
      My main concern is my wife not having to maintain a place like the rural cabin we now live in - when I ride to hell: that would be my mythological choice - where my bros would be.
      OB

      Delete
  2. plus if you or your wife need a nursing home..we have a brand new West Rest Haven..good dr...ambulance service, and a helicopter for emergency's..can you tell I'm selling West?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. god damn Jackiesur - I am still hell on wheels and never will go to a nursing home - it won't happen. I am old but not broken.
      O'B

      Delete

COMMENT: Ben Franklin said, "I imagine a man must have a good deal of vanity who believes, and a good deal of boldness who affirms, that all doctrines he holds are true, and all he rejects are false."