1. Concerning the racial motivated Charleston massacre it is interesting to note that all the white Christians are calling for the death penalty while all the AME black Christians are calling for forgiveness.
2. Debbie Dills trailed the killer and was primarily responsible for his apprehension; but when questioned gave the credit to GOD, saying it was HE who guided her to be on that particular highway at that time, so he deserves the credit for the apprehension. She doesn’t ask the question ‘where was GOD when all his followers were gunned down in his house?’
3. On Meet the Press today Chuck Todd showed a clip of convicted murderers in Sing Sing that were speaking of the evils of the availability of guns. All three interviewed were African American seeming to promote the covert idea that African Americans are more apt to commit murder than white people. But, when you look at all the mass killings that have happened over the last decade the overall majority were committed by white men: the Colorado movie theater, Sikh Temple in Wisconsin, Elementary school shooting in Connecticut, etc.
4. The Republican pundits have twisted like pretzels to avoid the implication that the Republican base in the red states still carry racist attitudes toward non-whites.
5. The Confederate battle flag means two different things to southern whites and blacks. Whites have the idea that it represents a noble time when their ancestors defended their homeland in order to protect a way of life… a pride in their white southern culture. Blacks, on the other hand, see it as a slap in the face – a racist white supremacist symbol that they have had to confront since the days of slavery.
6. You can revel in the dog days of summer all you want; but know that Winter Is Coming.