Saturday, April 30, 2016

THE TIME EATING MONSTER





Thirty days has September, April, June and November…



Another fucking month slips by.   When I was younger time seemed to drag, but the older I get the faster time seems to move.    So here I am speeding toward the end of time.

Yes, I am sorry, but as my time speeds up to the instance that my reality shrinks into a black hole so goes the universe.  When I am no longer here there is no existence.  You’re all gone.  Everything is gone.  If I can’t perceive it, it doesn’t exist.

Time was invented by man and refined by the railroads.   Before the railroads, clocks were set by solar time: a stick in the ground would determine the shortest shadow as noon.     This meant that clocks in a town fifty miles to your east might be ten minutes later than your clock and clocks in a town fifty miles to your west might read ten minutes earlier.   This made scheduling train arrivals and departures impossible, so the railroad led the charge to standardize time.  

The concept of time was designed to regulated human life.   It has placed us on a programed treadmill.  Time regulates our every action.   It makes us productive; but robs us of serenity.   

And now for me time is no longer a linear path of infinity; but an ever shrinking trail to the end of time. 

DID I RUN and
AM I TIRED?

the Ol’Buzzard

5 comments:

  1. And we all carry Our Master on our wrist and consult the Holy One constantly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I talk about wasting time and not spending your time wisely but you and I both agree there is only NOW. Now doesn't speed up or slow down, it is our perceptions that do that. I put away my tools and come in the house when the sun starts to go down. I have a clock in my shop but the battery has been dead for about 3 years. I bring up birthdays because I get to eat what I want and have junk food without guilt. Unless I have an appointment or a tv show I don't want to miss, I don't care about time anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being healthy is just a slower way to die

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT: Ben Franklin said, "I imagine a man must have a good deal of vanity who believes, and a good deal of boldness who affirms, that all doctrines he holds are true, and all he rejects are false."