Thursday, October 31, 2013

AN ODE TO YELLOW DOG GRANNY




I love your pics
I look forward to Monday’s
And Friday’s next.

You live in West, Texas
You do your best
To bring Pagan values
To the people out west

Your heart is as big
As the Texas sky
And you love the word Fuck
And you’ll spit in the eye

Of people that are bigots
But I have heard you cry
For all of the old folks …

Fuck this Granny:  It is a crappy poem:  the point I am trying to make is that you have cared for the Ol’Darlings at the West Haven Rest Home for years – It burned down this year and now you are trying to reconnect with the residents by sending each a Christmas present.  



If anyone out in blogland can help: I guarantee it is a good cause

the Ol’Buzzard

2 comments:

  1. I help the old lady next door stay in her home so she hasn't got to go to a care center, helping her is all I can afford on my little retirement income.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome poem, Ol' Buzzard! And I agree -- YDG is one of the good ones. She tells it like she sees it and there's no BSing her!

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT: Ben Franklin said, "I imagine a man must have a good deal of vanity who believes, and a good deal of boldness who affirms, that all doctrines he holds are true, and all he rejects are false."