Thursday, July 28, 2011

I DON’T CARE



I’m sick of it!

I’m tired of hearing about it.

Fuck the debt limit.

There is nothing I can do about it.



I voted Democrat.

Our party lost.

I’d vote third party,

But it’s throwing away my vote.



There is no sanity left.

Perhaps there never was.

We stumble along,

The blind leading the blind.



The asylum has been seized

The inmates are in charge

Chaos rules the day

Accept what can’t be changed



We are all along for the ride

The lunatics drive the bus

The destination is nowhere

Then we’ll go somewhere else



You put your right foot out

You put your right foot in

You put your right foot out

And you shake it all about

You do the hokey-poky

And you turn yourself around

That’s what it’s all about.


5 comments:

  1. Yep, that's about it.

    I just hope they'll leave me with enough to feed my cat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to wonder where this country is headed when I look at the Political (so-called) leaders. None of them seem to be working to make our country a better place to live and work.

    But there are occasional glimmers of hope. Just heard this morning the workers at the Danville, VA IKEA plant voted to unionize. It never ceases to amaze me how foreign companies from countries with strong unions and much better working conditions will come here and treat the workers worse than our home-grown business assholes!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Overall the most irritating thing to me is that not all that long ago the US was actually providing something of a good example to many other countries. All the statesmen have gone and what's left is not a pretty sight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You forgot "and then you die". That's about the size of it. Remember a song called "Is That All There Is?". I can't live like that right now .... it's sum-sum-summertime! Of course .... by mid-January and early February I'll be looking fer a tall bridge over a shallow stream ta jump off'n ... I'll be so depressed by winter and no sunlight ... but fer now? Let's Party Hardy Marty! Where Are The Dancing Girls?? As Dharma would say ... "put all that negative energy in a bubble ... and just blow it away..". What about the zen, Ol' Buzz?
    Siddhartha no help?

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT: Ben Franklin said, "I imagine a man must have a good deal of vanity who believes, and a good deal of boldness who affirms, that all doctrines he holds are true, and all he rejects are false."