Monday, July 15, 2019

SLOW COOKING PORK CHOPS









If you go on YouTube there are a thousand ways to cook pork chops.  Here is an easy way:  Liberally sprinkle Paul Prudhomme’s Meat Magic on one side of four pork chops.  Pour about one inch of applesauce into the bottom of the slow cooker.   Place in the Pork chops and put a large dollop of applesauce on each chop.
  

I set my slow cooker on low for eight hours, as I was going to be away from the house.  After I returned home early, I increased the setting to high for the last three hours.


The chops were absolutely delicious.  I plated the chops with Bell Seasoning dressing, a broccoli salad and sliced tomatoes.
  

I don’t like to cook vegetables with meat in the slow cooker because everything comes out tasting the same.   If I am having vegetables with slow cooked meat, I usually steam them separately.
 

I really like the Paul Prudhomme spices.   That is pretty much all I use on meat, fish or poultry.   I don’t advertise anything; but I share things I find I like.





The broccoli salad is simply broccoli florets, dried cranberries, chopped walnuts and a dressing made of equal scoops of mayonnaise and sour cream (about two tablespoons each) and a small amount of apple cider vinegar (just enough to make the salad dressing slightly tangy – I don’t measure – I just do it to taste.   Careful though, it is easy to over-do the vinegar.)

Mix and serve.
 

Just thought I would share
the Ol’Buzzard

6 comments:

  1. I have never thought to cook the pork chops with applesauce in the slow cooker. Great idea - I think that would be a super Fall meal. Thanks for the suggestion! -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. His seasonings ARE wonderful! I use them too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds delicious. All of it. Think it would work with a pork roast?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh yes, your mayonaise. ahahahahaaa!

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT: Ben Franklin said, "I imagine a man must have a good deal of vanity who believes, and a good deal of boldness who affirms, that all doctrines he holds are true, and all he rejects are false."