Sunday, January 27, 2019

BUZZARD PICK FOR THE TEN BEST MOVIES






1.   BEST ADVENTURE

Ghost and the Darkness








 2.   BEST WAR MOVIE

Catch - 22







  3.   BEST HOLIDAY MOVIE

The Muppet Christmas






4.   BEST WESTERN

Unforgiven








 5.   BEST ROMANTIC MOVIE

Dr Zhivago (with Omar Sharif)










6.    BEST MEDIEVAL MOVIE 

The Name of the Rose









7.   BEST HORROR MOVIE

Fearless Vampire Killers








8.   BEST CRIME

The Godfather










9.   THE BEST CLASSICAL

Hamlet (with Mel Gibson)









10.   BEST MUSICAL

Rocky Horror Picture Show






There may be better movies.  Perhaps different if I stopped to think about it.  But, these are definitely some of my favorites.

the Ol'Buzzard



8 comments:

  1. I'd have picked Paint Your Wagon for the musical but that's me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked Mel Gibson's "Hamlet" too. He was a bit long in the tooth for the role but acquitted himself well in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Doctor Zhivago. Haven't watched it in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd give the nod for best medieval to "The Lion in Winter." Or maybe "Becket."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My second choice was 'The Lion In Winter' with Katharine Hepburn.

      Delete
  5. These are great choices, O.B.!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would go with Becket too. Musical should always be Rocky Horror but West Side Story was good too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OB:

    I like each and every movie you mention except I have never (and I have tried several times) found enjoyable "The Godfather". I *know* it is a classic, and a lot of movie-buff relatives argue with me about it, but it just rubs me the wrong way.

    Your post has me thinking about what I would select as my top 10. I may have to try a post like that soon myself.

    PipeTobacco

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT: Ben Franklin said, "I imagine a man must have a good deal of vanity who believes, and a good deal of boldness who affirms, that all doctrines he holds are true, and all he rejects are false."