Friday, September 21, 2018

THE RUGGED TEXAS COWBOY








From childhood, my image of Texas men has always been linked to the Cowboy.  Men who drove cattle through Indian territory; braved attacks from rustlers; forded dangerous rivers; road out deadly stampedes – men who lived rough, worked hard and partied hard when the drive was over.  





You wouldn’t disrespect these men.  You would never insult their wives or disparage their fathers or insult them to their face without expecting immediate payback: a fist fight or a gun fight. 





I guess Texas men have changed.   It seems they are willing to vote for a yellow, sniveling coward: A man that Donald Trump called to his face - Lying Ted; insulted his wife insinuating she was ugly; lied about his father calling him a terrorist involved in the assassination of a President.  And yet, a man who is willing to drop to his knees anytime Donald Trump reaches for his zipper. 




It seems the new Texas man standard must be:  you can spit in my face, disrespect my wife, disparage my father and I will still kiss your ass as long as you let me keep my job... and I'm just fine voting for a man like that.

What happened to the Cowboys?
the Ol’Buzzard




2 comments:

  1. Very well stated! I am even more impressed with Willie Nelson's gumption, and attitude with regard to this Texas situation than I was before. He has the right idea.

    Thank you for the advice on my site. I agree with your suggestion. I have never tried the greener leaf yet, although I have been long curious. I hope to be in a free state sometime soon so that I may try it out and see if it is as good as I imagine it to be!

    PipeTobacco

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cruz is a "fake" Texan. Therein lies part of the problem.The other part of the problem...he's a forked-tongue, mealy-mouthed, yellow-bellied bottom sucker...afraid even of the Bottom-Sucker-in-Chief.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT: Ben Franklin said, "I imagine a man must have a good deal of vanity who believes, and a good deal of boldness who affirms, that all doctrines he holds are true, and all he rejects are false."