Saturday, April 1, 2017

DUCT TAPE, WD-40 AND THE MEANING OF LIFE



THE OL'BUZZARD'S LIFE SURVIVAL KIT FOR SONS AND GRANDSONS


If I had a young son or grandson coming of age I would give him the gift of an Ol’Buzzard’s Life Survival Kit consisting of a Leatherman and a roll of Duct Tape; and I would tell him that if he is man enough and will stand on his own two-feet, the Kit will take care of 98% of his problems – the other 2% being women that he will never be able to comprehend.





I had Direct TV installed about a year ago and I told the installer that I wanted the antenna to be convenient enough that I could clear it of the wet sticky snows we sometimes get at the beginning and at the end of the winter season.  He told me to spray the antenna with WD-40 and the antenna would stay clear.   It worked.


Today we had about five inches of that wet sticky snow with temperatures above freezing.   With this kind of snow my snow blower usually clogs up in the chute and I end up shoveling my driveway; but for some reason I thought of the advice of the Direct TV installer.  I went out and sprayed the snow blower chute liberally with WD-40 and blew the snow away with no problem – the chute never clogged.


I think I would add WD-40 to the Ol’Buzzard’s Life Survival Kit.



the Ol’Buzzard




 


 



8 comments:

  1. I suggested WD-40 to you last week...PAM works too..I just put my snowblower away till next year..Your time will come....
    Upriverdavid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dave, I do remember that now. Maybe that is why it was on my mind. You are right it does work.
      thanks
      O'B

      Delete
  2. Your post made me think of "The Red Green" show where duct tape was an essential. -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  3. That stuff is great. I keep a can of it around the house for whatever squeaks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keeps your car doors from freezing too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The two essentials in any home. The swiss army knife is new to me though

    ReplyDelete
  6. sexist...you should say son or daughter grandson or granddaughter..my gg's are getting the same information from me as I gave my sons and daughter and granddaughters...they will know how to change a tire and change plugs etc...use a hammer and saw...and will give them wd 40 and duct tape..and a church key

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT: Ben Franklin said, "I imagine a man must have a good deal of vanity who believes, and a good deal of boldness who affirms, that all doctrines he holds are true, and all he rejects are false."