Friday, April 10, 2015

I CAN SEE RUSSIA FROM MY PORCH.





Poor Sarah, she is so ridiculous that even when she is right she comes off as driving the clown car.

You can actually see Russia from Alaska.  The Island of Little Diomede in the Bering Strait is part of Alaska, and a few files away the island of Big Diomede is Russian. 



Little Diomede




Little Diomede and Big Diomede



He can actually see Russia from his porch



Tourist at Little Diomede


I was offered a mid-year teaching position on Little Diomede, but turned it down because it would have been a non-accompanied position (I don’t go anywhere without my wife.)   



Whale blubber a delicacy 




I would have loved to have taught there for a couple of years - I know the people  there must be wonderful -what a learning experience for my wife and me it would have been.

the Ol'Buzzard

1 comment:

COMMENT: Ben Franklin said, "I imagine a man must have a good deal of vanity who believes, and a good deal of boldness who affirms, that all doctrines he holds are true, and all he rejects are false."