Sunday, June 4, 2023

I'M BACK

 





I have been away from blogging for a few months because of medical concerns.  Understandably, when shadows of the grim reaper are glimpsed, the normal chaos and insanity of the human species seem trivial.

 

I had a pacemaker installed three weeks ago and am feeling fine.  Another week and I should be able to resume normal activity.





Medical technology is remarkable.   It was not many decades ago that the life expectancy of a man was sixty.   Through technology and medical advancements that has extended considerably. 


I can’t help but watch the news, it is like trying to avoid looking at a car wreck involving a busload of nudists.


I do marvel at the misdirection of the media in an attempt to remain ‘fair and balanced’.   Afraid to alienate viewers by calling out the group that is the epicenter of all our chaos. 


Attacks on LGBT+ citizens, fear of transgender, the repeal of Row v Wade, the stigmatizing of women’s sexuality, subjugating women to the control of men, and the banning of books all have one source:  Religion.


Harry Potter among the books burned. 

The Republican Party is just the handmaiden of the religious right; the source of the drive to legislate a Christian version of morality: the outcome to be Sharia laws enforced by a political version of the Christian Taliban.

   

Does this sound extreme?  There are already proposals to jail women who have abortions and execute abortion doctors.  Books are being banned and burned.  These are not cries from the fringe, they have already been discussed by politicians across the South.




The book 1984 got it wrong in one instant.   It is not Big Brother that is watching us, it is Big Jesus.

the Ol'Buzzard


4 comments:

  1. Hey, glad you got a pacemaker to keep everything ticking along, so to speak! This is great news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you are alright. Last night I finally had a break in the pain to come online to actually check around to see what was going on. It hit me that you were absent for such a long time. I was thinking about you most of the night and wondering if you and your wife were doing alright. You will notice on the side of my blog a quote from Philip Roth about old age. It's a sad truth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering if I was going to come find you. Glad you're back in the saddle with a new pace maker...you're good for another 20 years...love you..

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT: Ben Franklin said, "I imagine a man must have a good deal of vanity who believes, and a good deal of boldness who affirms, that all doctrines he holds are true, and all he rejects are false."